In St. Mary’s, we offer a rich and varied extra-curricular programme which provides our pupils with many opportunities to develop their gifts and talents to the full.
As a school, we aim to cater for the interests of all pupils by offering a broad menu of activities, both during the school day and outside of school hours. We believe that participation in extra-curricular activities has many benefits for pupils and, therefore, encourage all pupils to avail of the extra-curricular opportunities on offer.
Involvement in extra-curricular activities can help pupils to:
- enjoy a physical and active lifestyle;
- develop time-management skills;
- understand the importance of commitment;
- develop friendships;
- develop skills in working as part of a team;
- develop and share skills, gifts and talents;
- build confidence and self-esteem;
- manage stress; and
- develop a personal portfolio for university and employment applications.
Please click on the links below for information on our extra-curricular activities.